Think toys have to break the bank? Think again! In this day and age when almost everything is Google-able, you can easily make DIY toys for the kids without having to break the bank. This leaves you with more moolah for a fancy date night with the SO, those cute cloth diapers, or even a spa date with yourself– because you deserve it, momma.
Here are 8 DIY toys you can easily do on your own, or with the kids, (that would also serve as your bonding time):
1. This Play Dough That Only Takes 4 Minutes to Make: Instructions here.
Tired of having to buy play doh just to have it get left open and dry out? Now you can make your own!
2. This Extra Cute Bubble Shooter. Here’s How
All the bubbles! This one is perfect for those soon-to-arrive warm summer days.
3. This Amazing Homemade Bouncy Ball: Here’s How
4. These Extra Squishy Foam Bath Toys to Make Bath Time Extra Fun. Instructions Here.
Hate how those bath toys with holes in them get mold after a few weeks? These are super cute, and I won’t be mad if we have to toss them after a while.
5. This Glam Hobby Horse (just don’t forget the lashes!). Here’s How
How. Freaking. Cute. is this? And surprisingly simple to make with a soft sock, dowel rod, hot glue, and a few other things you probably have lying around the house.
6. This PVC Periscope for Your Observant Kid: Instructions Here
I love that this toy is a little different! Got a budding engineer?
7. These Pretty Rainbow Ribbon Wands: Instructions Here.
These would be a simple way to get the kids moving! Come on warm weather!
8. Baby Soft Blocks for Your Little One: Full Tutorial Here.
These are super cute and would make an awesome baby shower gift. You could also use the fabric from your favorite outfits to make them even more memorable!
Looks easy, right? A few of these would also make awesome baby shower gifts! Tag us if you’re planning to make any of them this weekend! Got other awesome DIY toy ideas? Leave us a comment!
In post images: Links provided.
Featured image: Pexels